We are one vote away from overturning President Bush's stem cell research veto in the Senate. Senator John Sununu of New Hampshire is that one vote.
Listen to Americans United for Change's radio ad, telling him to support stem cell research:
06.21.07 | permalink
Americans United for Change sent "Moving America Forward" awards to 20 Members of Congress for their efforts to move America in the right direction.
The awards thank members for their efforts to:
- Raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 an hour–giving nearly 13 million American workers and their families their first raise in nearly a decade.
- Provide long overdue assistance to the victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Boost troops’ and veterans’ health care and benefits program to nearly $5 billion–the single largest increase to the veterans’ health care system in its 77-year history.
- Provide nearly $400 million for the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), a program that provides insurance to millions of children from low-income families.
- Establish comprehensive lobbying and ethics reform to end the culture of corruption in Washington.
You can view the members' awards below: (PDF Format)
06.07.07 | permalink
Page 1 of 1 pages